Joined: 25 Mar 2007
|Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:34 am Post subject: "Speaking in Tongues"
|I have seen it on TV and been in churches where this occurs:
Someone is preaching
Someone starts babbling unintelligibly and it's considered "speaking in tongues"
Here's what i was told about Speaking in Tongues (from a Born again christian):
1. Speaking in Tongues requires 2 people - the speaker and the translator
2. Who is speaker and who is translator is a spontaneous (not preplanned thing)... speaker and translator may or may not know each other.
3. Without the Speaker and translator the act of speaking in tongues is considered irrelevant.
4. The spirit is rebuked 3 times in the name of Jesus so as to insure no demonic presence
5. It is a spontaneous and uncommon act of people in the congregation the pastor may or may not be involved directly.
6. It doesnt always happen... sometimes it happens alot in one service sometimes not at all.
What I'm wondering here is the use i have been seeing never falls into this framework. It is a curiosity for me.... is it real or memorex ?
Whats going on here ?
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
- The Tick